2015 Online Repository
This page aim to contain the links to resources necessary for transitioning to a non-monetary-based society. Observe that this is an open-data format of our work-in progress. More coherent documents will be provided in monthly reports at our main webpage starting from mid-2016.
Resources to personal development and inner transition are found here. The external aspect of transition is divided into 1. Management. 2. RBD-Technologies. 3. Distributed Open Source Circular Economy 4. Open Source Ethical Artificial Intelligence. For running this organization, we will also collect necessary resources for operating our organization such as necessary research resources (templates, process and outcomes) and articulated research and development proposals. Opena International's Research Resources.
- 1 Open Nation Hardware
- 2 Open Nation Software
- 3 Open-Source Supportive Software
- 4 Open Nation Humans and Psychology
- 5 About the Online Repository
- 6 Finding Partners
- 7 Resource tracking and distribution
- 8 Environmentally sound Energy production
- 9 Resources Production and Recycling
- 9.1 Value-Based Evaluation Matrix For External Development Blueprints
- 9.2 Nutritious food
- 9.3 Humancentric Water Cycle
- 9.4 Biowaste, black and grey-water re-use
- 9.5 Organic and Healthy Clothes
- 9.6 Good housing and facilities
- 9.7 Access to Healthcare
- 9.8 Education
- 9.9 Transportation
- 9.10 Technology to Augment Human Capabilities
- 9.11 Art, Media, Design, Illustration
- 10 Information Economy
- 11 Open Source Ethical & Kind Artificial Intelligence
- 12 IT-Infrastructure
- 13 Resources for Personal Development
- 14 Management Resources
- 15 Decentralized Governance
- 16 Links to Documents that affect this page
- 17 Multi-Sector Recommendations
- 18 Links to Main Pages
- 19 Main Pages
- 20 Notes
Open Nation Hardware
This is a list of the so far the needed open-source resources for technology necessary for supplying basic human rights and needs independently of the world economy.
Core Technologies for Providing Basic Human Rights
|1. Clean Water||The Shower Loop||The shower loop is a simple open source design that has the potential to include an entire water-management system for any home. From collection, to purification, shower, growing plants, dish-washing machine, washing machine, sink, and toilet.||Update 2017/01/22 Mailed and asked about status. Why not sell it for financial sustainability?|
|2. Nutritious Food|| A system where human manure and food waste is recycled into the natural environment. A horticulture where no additional/artificial inputs of nutrition or fertilizers are needed.
|3. Healthy Clothes||Open Source Technology for the fashion industry's cycle is desperately needed. Clothes Circular Economy - Open Source Technology|
|4. Good Housing and Facilities||
|5. Access to Health care||
|6. Education, information and IT-infrastructure||
Needed: Q and tradtional Computing, data, intelligence and network
|7. Transportation|| 7.1 Short Range: Bicycle-like Transportation
7.2 Medium range: Car-like Transportation
7.3 Medium range: Buss-like Transportation
7.4 Long range: Train-like Transportation
7.5 Long range: Plane-like Transportation
Advanced Projects for Sustainable Social Justice
- Money-Free Welfare State Transition
- How can automatized circular economy be used to provide for people's need at a low-to-no financial cost budget?
- Open Source Ethical Artificial Intelligence
- Socially Just Resource Distribution
- Open Source Advanced IT-Manufacturing: making the next generation of IT-hardware Open Source
Manufacturing - Supportive
|What||Leading Project(s)||Potential Progress||Sources|
|1. Plastic 3D-Recycling||Opena's project threesome plastic sexy and fantastic puts together and improves 3-4 existing open source machines into a home-recycling station.|
|2. Metal 3D-Recycling|
|3. Bio 3D-Recycling|
|4. Nano 3D-Recycling|
|5. Chip and electronics 3D-Recycling|
|6. Ceramics 3D-Recycling|
|7. Batteries and energy infrastructure Recycling|
Managing - Supportive
Open Source Management Tools
- Project Management, Social Enterprise management, Community Management models, and more
Open Nation Software
- Use software to ensure a socialy-just, ecological and automatised resource distribution
- Maybe the most important open source experiment: Otkrist Gupta, a researcher at the MIT Media Lab. "He and MIT colleagues plan to open-source the software behind their own experiments, in which learning software designed deep-learning systems that matched human-crafted ones on standard tests for object recognition." (quote). Gupta's scientific article at Arxiv.org: https://arxiv.org/abs/1611.02167 Gupta will hopefully make that software open-source.
- Second most important is: OpenAI
- Ethical Automatised Resource distribution
- Review application of: bitcoin, etheruem, ipfs, seif, projects -> recomendation(s) -> test/prototype
|What||Leading Project(s)||Potential Progress||Sources|
|1. A.i.: Automatised machine-learning.||
|Ethical Automatised Resource distribution.||
projects -> recomendation(s) -> test/prototype
Open-Source Supportive Software
Software used for managing the political, technical and psychocal dimensions through the political, technological and cultural movement. This includes internal and external communication, management resources and other supportive IT-infrastructure.
|1. Media Production||Tools to create and edit movies, pictures, and other media content.||
Open Nation Humans and Psychology
Opena (Open Nation Action Research Organization) focuses on a WARP of inner development qualities: Self-actualization & transcendence, Well-being, Altruism, Responsibility (pro social-/ecological-behaviour), and presence (mindfulness).
To help activists succeed develop these abilities and their projects the main attribute to develop is GRIT, perseverance and resilience.
For human oriented project management these can be used to estimate and evaluate progress and goals. Search on the web (using duckduckgo.com or another alternative instead of google) to find self-reporting tests. The biggest psychological variable for anyone to succeed with anything is GRIT, which is way that may be a good place to start.
About the Online Repository
As you travel towards fulfilling your dream of a resource based economy, or mindful post-capitalistic intentional community, there may be various obstacles on the road. Some of these ones may be lack of knowledge necessary to complete a critical step, or lack of connection necessary to identify interesting projects, or lack of templates, tools and processes necessary to move on to the next step on your social enterprise. On this page we try to collect the resources that may help you overcome these obstacles. We try to find solutions which are free and open-source while providing the help that you need.
We do not develop things ourselves, but point you in the direction you need to go to find what you are looking for - as well as we can. If you have any improvements or suggestions you can add them in the [2015 External Suggestions] page.
The categories is approximately: Organizing Change
- Connect with others
- Surviving Contemporary Law, Jurisdiction, Policy and Multi-lateral agreements
Commons-Based Circular Economy
- Produce and recycle necessary resources
- Track and adapt* - resources, resource flows and trends
- Allocate and distribute resources
- Complex Scalable Socially just Cloud
- Psychology. Context, improving and outcome of: Motivation theory, grit, altruism, mindfulness and well-being
- Mind shift: Perspective and assumptions
- Ability: Competence and lateral thinking
adapt= Self-regulate - as in track resource flows to learn and self-adapt as a semi-autonomous system for learning and anticipate future demands and flows.
Using perspectives of:
- Non-conceptual observation
- Ethics: Biodiversity, Social Justice, Internal development
Values: Diversity and synergy. Here are places and resources to connect with like-minded people and non-like-minded people for diversity and synergy.
Presence-Based Post-Capitalistic Intentional Communities
Main page: Intentional Communities.
- new earth project is a up-and-coming portal for mindful sustainable communities. You can join or register an intentional community on their web-page here.
- NuMundo is a network of ecovillages, intentional communities, permaculture farms, social projects and retreat centers.
Enlightened Communities is a website that just after an Eckhart Tolle Retreat in Norway 2015 went online. The website is intended to be "a resource for people to share ideas and collaborate. We hope this will make it possible for people to connect and form communities!" There also is an associated facebook group for people who which to manifest a physical local community in the Spain/Portugal region.
Organizations Developing tools and resources for mindful post-capitalism
- One Community is an "non-profit volunteer organization that designs and open source free-shares comprehensive solutions for all aspects of what we feel is a more fulfilled way of living. We make all decisions using a for The Highest Good of All philosophy for global transformation".
- Open Source Ecology (OSE) is an organization that works to create a new earth by providing free open-source blueprints for how to manufacture all the physical equipment you need to physically build your community. Their wiki page and their formal web-page can be a bit hard to navigate, but contains many promising, as well as completed, projects.
- Opena International is a Presence Based think-tank with current focus on inner and outer transformation to a presence-based post-capitalistic society.
- Wevolver Has many good looking open source hardware projects linked at their projects website.
Organizations Developing Ideas and Vision for mindful post-capitalism
- AdCiv-Advanced Civilization is a web-page with some visions for a post-scarcity society. It has been a while since it was last updated, but still have some good ideas and insights about societal development towards a post-scarcity society.
- Singularity University aims to "educate, inspire and empower leaders to apply exponential technologies to address humanity’s grand challenges." It is a part think-tank and part educational organization that inspires to exponential development geared towards addressing global challenges. It is not primarily about the creative commons technology, but leads you to the edge of human potential which is important if creative commons will in the end have a lasting and standing position in the future to come.
Resource tracking and distribution
"If machines produce everything we need, the outcome will depend on how things are distributed." -Stephen Hawkins, 2015 (source)
- Investigate the intersection of LCA-Circular Economy-'Open Data' intersection and how they can help one another. See fig.
LCA - Life Cycle Analysis/Assessment
General ISO standards on LCA: ISO 14040:2006 and ISO 14044:2006. Also product category rules and product declarations are important, and standardisation for this can be found in ISO 14025:2006.
LCA is generally an environmental perspective. The economic version is LCC (Life cycle costing) and the social version is SLCA (Social life cycle assessment).
LCA Consists of four steps:
- Goal and scope definition
- LCI - Life cycle inventory
- LCIA - Life cycle impact assessment
- Interpretation: Issues, conclusions and recomendations
- OpenLCA can be used for environmental and economic life cycle assessment models. Added sustainability impact assessment with their plugin.
- LCIAimpact methods (pdf).
- IPO-tables - A project to create a network of producers/recyclers into a open source circular economy. "I-P-O documentation helps to monitor, communicate and connect flows of energy, materials, components and (by)products".
- OSCE - Open Source Circular Economy works with transparancy, open access and open source solutions. This includes an openLCA framework and work an a software for IPO tables.
Resource Distribution Algorithm
- IPFS is an open-source hypermedia distribution protocol.
Environmentally sound Energy production
From an ecological production, we need energy sources that omit 0g of carbon per unit energy by 2050. We list here the five most prominent technologies that can do that, and their main obstacles and possible solutions.
Resources Production and Recycling
Building the change.
Value-Based Evaluation Matrix For External Development Blueprints
- Automatized/Low- maintenance
- Fits with internet of things and open data; at least availability and in/out-put
- Mindfulness of project
- Ethics of project
- Modularity and customization
- Closed resource-loop
- Organic, natural and biodiversity
Projects are evaluated on the value-evaluation-matrix as other projects. Except this, then these things are evaluated:
|Nutrition yield and coverage vs Space|
|Aesthethics and Design|
- Geographic coverage means that if there are three projects: project a, project b and project c, where project a and b are both made for desert-climates, whilst project c is made for tempered climates, then project c will either be first or second on the list. This is even if both project a and b are better in terms of nutrition yield vs space.
Two ways of dividing geography into climate is 1: Tropics, Subtropics, Temperate zone, Frigid Zone. See picture or info. 2-Köppen Climate Classification): Divides climates into Tropical, Dry, Moderate, Continental and Polar. These are then divided into thirteen sub-groups. picture or info.
Other things that are noted are: state of project.
- Aquaponics Circular Systems
- Meat and diary-free Permaculture
Primary Pressing Holistic Circular Food Production Needs
Primary Pressing Modular Food Needs
- From Soybean to Soy-yogurt Open Source knowledge and blueprints for growing soy-beans organically with non-gmo seeds, diversity in its seeds, keeping a seedbank, blueprints for a soymilk and soy-yogurt (soygurt) machine and knowledge how to hygienically but effectively and cheap produce soygurt from these beans. knowledge and blueprints for how to store and transport soy-milk and soy-yogurt hygienically. Knowledge about what to do and how to recycle the waste and spills.
- Primary: Open source Soy-milk and soygurt machine for small and larger quantities.
- Other grains-to-yogurt as well.
- Worm Compost
Cleaning toxic Soil
Humancentric Water Cycle
- The Shower Loop is a closed loop water system, for reusing water from the shower at home. It is Open Source. It has the potential to include a full water-management system for a home of any size. From collection, to purification, shower, growing plants, dish-washing machine, washing machine, and toilet.
|Effectiveness (how pure it gets and how fast it can clean) vs Space|
|Optional: Aesthetics and Design|
Biowaste, black and grey-water re-use
Organic and Healthy Clothes
Good housing and facilities
Access to Healthcare
- MOOC Portals
- edX have both free and non-free mooc courses
1. environment and social justice (commons based knowledge licence and data generation) 2. automation 3. distance 4. ease of maintenance 5. price 6. security 7. velocity and loading capacity vs fuel
- Self-driving cars
Technology to Augment Human Capabilities
- OpenBCI does open-source human-computer interface technologies.
Art, Media, Design, Illustration
- Creative Commons Search Engine for images, videos, music, media, cartoons, and other creative commons licensed materials.
- public-domain-photos have both 8000 categorized clip-arts in the public domain, as well as photos. We have used some of these cliparts for re-use as illustrations in our presentation materials.
Associated Values and Concepts: Open Data. Open data is the idea that some data should be freely available to everyone to use and republish as they wish, without restrictions from copyright, patents or other similar mechanisms of to decrease potential development. One example is a paper that 2013 advocated that Horizon 2020 (the science funding mechanism of the EU) should mandate that funded projects hand in their databases as "deliverables" at the end of the project, so that they can be checked for third party usability then shared.
In Healthcare: Several funding bodies which mandate Open Access also mandate Open Data. A good expression of requirements (truncated in places) is given by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR):
- to deposit bioinformatics, atomic and molecular coordinate data, experimental data into the appropriate public database immediately upon publication of research results.
- to retain original data sets for a minimum of five years after the grant. This applies to all data, whether published or not. Source: wikipedia
Resources to open up data:
- "CKAN was developed by the non-profit Open Knowledge Foundation to run the Datahub.io. CKAN is a data management system that makes data accessible – by providing tools to streamline publishing, sharing, finding and using data. CKAN is aimed at data publishers (national and regional governments, companies and organizations) wanting to make their data open and available." Source: ckan.org
- An open up data road map by a self-proclaimed open data guru at 
- OpenState.eu works to open up politics & governance, education, culture and healthcare.
Resources of open data-sets
Produce, store, secure, analyze and distribute information
Social production and the information economy covers concepts such as wikipedia, p2p-file sharing, etc.
Yochai Benkler's TED-talk is a good introduction.
Open Source Ethical & Kind Artificial Intelligence
A.i. by proffession replacement/augmentation
- Engineering and developing
- Structural Engineer
- Household and maintainance
- Management, leadership and administration
A.i. packages by capability
Kind A.i., social-justice and a.i. ethics projects
A.i. in robotics
The ability to produce, store, secure, process and distribute information lays in the hand of modern technology. It is important to be aware of the technology of tomorrow as this will play a major role for the survival of democracy and social justice.
- Cozy a Personal Cloud that you can run on your own server or on theirs. Built for syncing contacts, calendars and files between your devices and your personal server. One can add one's own services as well.
Resources for Personal Development
Moral is more important than technological advancements if we are to manage in the long term side-by-side working together. Changing the system without changing how we percieve the world and each-others risk repeating the old wrongs but in a new system. It is therefore equally important to understand humans on a deep level to know how to make an environment that makes an inner change possible. The areas of focus so far is our level of consciousness: mindfulness; together with what motivates us to do good: altruism and responsibility*; and what motivates us to work effectively and in the long term: grit, self-actualization; and finally what correlations these have to wellbeing.
Popular Media Coverage of SWARM
Organizing the change.
- Classify your project type
- Tools for Agile project Management
- Tools for Traditional project management
- Tools for sustainability impact analysis
- Classify type of impact
- Estimate impact and strategy
- Tools for life cycle analysis
- Tools for Mindful sustainable multi-stakeholder change management
- E.g. Theory U
- Different tools from Theory U such as stakeholder inteview
- Free web-course online from edx
- E.g. Theory U
Tools for Communication
- Illustration Incscape is a good open-source alternative to adobe illustrator and second only too Corel Draw according to OXP. Can be used for logos, diagrams and illustrations (vector images). Here is a good video that gives you an idea of the mindset behind illustrating with Incscape which helps you learn how to illustrate with it.
- Photo Editing and raster images So far unfortunately, the best free open-source alternative still seem to be GIMP.
- 3D animation, modelling, composition Blender is a wonderful free open-source software which is mainly aimed at the 3D animation industry. It can also be used for video-editing, composition, camera tracking, sculpting, game-making, and more.
- Video editing As stated above, Blender is a superb tool for video editing and according to some works even better than Avid or Adobe Premiere.
Online Office Tools
- Online Word processing softwares Google docs is free, but neither open-source or keeps the balance of social justice as it analyses your documents to sell data and information about you by producing ads that corresponds to the data in your documents. Until we find a good, cloud based, open source, free alternatives we provide a list of various alternatives so you can choose which badness you would like. Alternatives:
- BitNation uses blockchain and holocracy to create self-organized teams. The negative part with holocracy is that the greater picture on the emerging level of complex teams may become invisible, which may also make it harder to see when a network is being manipulated or taken advantage of, and instead gives the illusion of true democracy, unless you provide informative feedback loops at from and to each and every level of the hierarchy (personal level, team level, organizational level, network level, and other levels).
Metagovernment's web page, which at writing moment seem to be offline, includes several projects aimed to improve the contemporary governance methods available today. Some of these are:
- Airesis — The global social platform for participatory democracy available in 9 languages and 11 country localizations. Airesis does not consider liquid democracy a valid alternative and use a Schulze voting algorithm for multiple solutions. Airesis is developed in responsive web design to provide optimal access by mobile devices. One good thing with Airesis is that you can choose different forms of governance, hierarchies, flat, or other types.
- DemocracyOS — Voting platform
- Liquid Democracy — The Liquid Democracy Association works on innovative ideas and projects for democratic participation
- Loomio — Loomio is an open-source platform for collaborative decision-making.
- Matchism — A philosophy and voting system for the next generation of government.
- Vilfredo, Vilfredo goes to Athens — Software which uses mathematical formulae to help participants build a consensus on an open question.
- Votorola — Software for building consensus and reaching decisions on local, national and global levels.
- Determining Evaluation Voting — A quite advanced mathematical method to select a winner by letting voters evaluate(/score) alternatives. The method minimizes tactics and applies desired amount of consensus assign by a number.
Links to Documents that affect this page
Perhaps non-accessable documents [Standardised Complexity]
Policy recommendations will be geared towards any organization working with the implementation of human rights in a sustainable manner, and/or working for social justice. This includes Multilateral organizations, humanitarian organizations, and governments. The recomendations will be based upon the basic research themes and will include a expected problem accompanies by a possible strategies and risk management.
Links to Main Pages
Reasons of being
- Vision, mission and strategy
- Motivation and ethics behind mindful post-capitalism
- 2015 Opena Management (this includes values and ways which the other ones are ordered and created)
- Local Groups: Opena Lund Management
- 2015 Research Themes
- 2015 Literature Review
- 2015 Mapping and Reviewing Solutions and solution providers
- 2015 Mapping & Reviewing solutions, Case-Studies, Surveys and Interviews
- 2015 Global Policy Analysis
- 2015 Open Nation Model - An attempt to theoretically and conceptualy summarise a holistic integrated model of a hybrid community where citizens within the community can follow mindful post-capitalistic living and at the same time collaborate as a whole and as individuals with the old capitalist society.
- 2015 Developers Guide - Helps change-agents cover more extensive requirements of their development projects to make the project more integrate-able with a large scale societal-transition. Provides existing minimum-requirements, standards and tips for your new and ongoing development.
Test and Prototype
- 2015 Online Repository
- 2015 Opena Report
A note on finding partners and resources You can use a three-dimensional model for finding resources: Function based, Tool based and Value based -dimension. For example if you need someone to illustrate in an open source project you may search in function based forums such as forums for illustrators, or you may search in a tool based forum, such as an forum for Incscape, Gimp or Blender, or you may search in a value based forum, such as looking for an illustrator in open-source forums.